An auto crash occurs every five minutes in the State of Washington, and at least one accident occurs in Granger every month, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation. While some of these accidents cause only property damage, others are far more severe. Some recent crashes in the news include:
- A 5-year-old boy died after a car struck him in the Granger Travel Plaza parking lot. (Source: com)
- A woman died in a crash with semi-trailer on Hwy 183 and South Track Rd. (Source: The Seattle Times)
- One woman died and two others suffered injury in a single-car crash on Van Belle Road and Brien Lane. (Source: Yakima Herald)
In the instant a crash occurs, a person’s life can change forever. Accident victims have a lot to issues to face, from medical care to insurance claims, and everything can seem extremely overwhelming in the wake of a serious wreck.
Below, we share some of the basic things you need to know if you are ever involved in an accident in Granger. If you would like to speak to a car accident lawyer, free of charge, about your legal options or how to get the most out of your claim, call The Pickett Law Firm at 509-972-1825 and request a consultation.
What should I do after a car accident in Granger?
After a car accident, there are several things you will want to do to protect your well-being and your legal rights. For an overview of the steps to take after an accident, read over our online Car Accident Guide.
After you have tended to your immediate medical needs and talked to the police, you should begin collecting the information that you will need to prove negligence and file a claim. The more evidence you can gather, the better. This is especially true in cases where your injuries are serious and there are substantial damages.
Some of the items to gather include:
- A copy of the police report
- Eyewitness contact information
- Your auto insurance policy
- Photos of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, and your injuries
- Your medical records, bills, and receipts
- Receipts or bills for any accident-related expenses
- An injury journal in which you document your injury, treatments, pain levels, emotional status, and the effect of the injuries on your daily life
Should I provide a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster?
No. Regardless of how nice and accommodating the insurance representative seems, it is important to understand that insurance companies are for-profit business that have one interest: their bottom-line.
Some companies use tactics like inappropriately apportioning fault or offering quick, lowballed settlements to victims to settle before they know the full extent of their injuries — all to increase company profit.
When you call to report your car accident to the insurance company, the adjuster will try to extract key information from you. It is ill-advised to give a recorded statement without first speaking with a lawyer at The Pickett Law Firm. The adjuster can use anything you say to reduce the value of your settlement, discredit your injuries, or deny your claim altogether.
We will advise you on how to handle the conversation with the insurance company and even negotiate with the company on your behalf for a higher settlement.
What is the value of my Granger car accident case?
Because every case is unique, the value of every case is different. There are various losses and expenses you can recover in a car accident case. This includes both financial and emotional damages. Some of the compensable damages include:
- Current and future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of wages, loss of benefits, reduced capacity to work
- Household/homemaker services
- Loss of benefits, loss of job perks, loss of promotion
- The effect of your injuries on your marriage, relationships, and career
- The emotional, psychological, and mental effects of the accident
- Loss of qualify of life
The Pickett Law Firm can assess your case and help estimate the value of your claim. With severe or catastrophic car accident cases, we often work with financial experts to ensure we take all of your future expenses and losses into consideration when calculating your damages. We are extremely thorough in our approach and make sure the list of damages we compile is comprehensive so that our clients get the absolute fullest recovery possible.
Does The Pickett Law Firm handle car accident cases in Granger?
Yes, The Pickett Law Firm accepts cases all throughout Washington, including Granger. With over 20 years in the legal industry, our firm understands the intricacies of all types of car accident cases in Granger and has a long track record of success.
We are passionate about helping car accident victims and their families get the recovery they need when an accident strikes. Our goal is to protect victims’ rights and relay their story honestly and accurately to the insurer/court.
Call our office today at 509-972-1825 for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.